The Inaugural session of India ASEAN Engineering Partnership Summit & Release of E-Book on India ASEAN trade
24-Aug-2021 11 : 00 - 11 : 35
- Welcome remarks by Mr. Mahesh Desai, Chairman, EEPC India.
- Brief Introduction to the Summit by Mr. T. S. Bhasin, EEPC India Territorial Committee Chairman on Trade with ASEAN.
- Address by Ms. Riva Ganguly Das, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- Address by Ms Anupriya Patel, Hon’ble Minister of State for Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- Release of EEPC India E-Book on “India ASEAN Engineering Trade : An Assessment”.
- Vote of thanks by Mr. Arun Kumar Garodia, Vice Chairman, EEPC India.
Day I: Theme – Current cooperation sets the foundation for future aspirations24-Aug-2021Session I
India’s “Act East” policy and its implications on the regional manufacturing activities and future growth potential between India and ASEAN
24-Aug-2021 11 : 30 - 13 : 00
- Dr. Bipin Menon, Development Commissioner, SEZ Noida, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- Dr. Nilanjan Ghosh. Director, Observer Research Foundation, Kolkata.
- Professor Dr. Biswajit Nag, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi.
- Professor Dr. Gurudas Das, Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology, Silchar.
- Professor Dr. Saon Ray, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi.
10 Years of India-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement: Implications for Engineering Manufacturing – its present Status and the Way Forward
24-Aug-2021 14 : 00 - 15 : 30
- Special Address by Dr. Srikar Reddy, Joint Secretary (EP-Engg), Department of Commerce, Government of India
- Professor Prabir De, Professor, Asean-India Centre at Research and Information System for Developing Countries, New Delhi.
- Professor Amita Batra, Professor, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Dr. Rajan Sudesh Ratna, Deputy Head and Senior Economic Affairs Officer, UNESCAP, New Delhi.
- Professor C Veeramani, Professor, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai.
- Dr. Piti Srisangnam, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.
Enhancing India – ASEAN trade in engineering and allied sectors
24-Aug-2021 15 : 30 - 17 : 00
- Address by Mr. C N A Anbarasan, Executive Director (Operations), ECGC India on the Role of Export Credit Insurance as the key enabler towards achieving target trade between India & ASEAN of US$ 300 Billion by 2025.
- Address by Mr. T.D. Sivakumar, General Manager, EXIM Bank on ‘New Financial Structures for Increasing India’s Exports to the ASEAN Countries’.
Day II Theme – Strengthening Opportunities & Prospects in the Growth Triangle region ie. Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia25-Aug-2021Session IV
India - Singapore: Strengthening the prospects of potential partnerships in engineering and advanced manufacturing
25-Aug-2021 10 : 00 - 11 : 30
- H.E. Mr. P. Kumaran, High Commissioner of India to Singapore.
- Dr. HO Chaw Sing, Managing Director, National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC).
- Mr. Omar Shahzad (CEO, Meinhardt Group), Country Chair, Singapore, ASEAN Young Entrepreneur Council - Singapore Business Federation, Singapore.
- Mr. Lawrence Pek, Secretary General, Singapore Manufacturing Federation on Emerging Technologies and Market trends in Engineering manufacturing in Singapore.
India - Malaysia: Opening the new areas in the engineering trade
25-Aug-2021 14 : 00 - 15 : 30
- Dr. Varun Jeph, Charge d'affaires, Indian High Commission, Malaysia.
- Presentation by Mr. Dato Ts. Madani Sahari, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysia Automotive Robotics and IoT Institute (MARii).
- Mr. Well Kam, National President, Malaysia Small and Medium Enterprises Association, (SAMENTA).
- Speaker from Malaysia International Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Success Story.
- Address by Mr Roswaidin Bin Mohd Zain, Consul Investment, Consulate General of Malaysia, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), Mumbai
India - Indonesia: Expanding the 70 year diplomatic and commercial partnership with special focus on engineering
25-Aug-2021 15 : 30 - 17 : 00
- Address by H.E. Mr. Manoj Kumar Bharti, Ambassador, Embassy of India, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- EEPC India Presentation on Trade & Potential with Indonesia.
- Mrs. Shinta W. Kamdani, Coordinator Vice Chairwoman for Maritime, Investment and International Relation of KADIN Indonesia.
- Presentation and address by Mr. Shantanu Roy, Executive Director, BEML
- Success stories of major Indian companies operating abroad.
- Mr. Abhishek Srivastava, Country Head – Indonesia, Project Business of Thermax
- Mr. Sujit Vargis, Head, Sales and Marketing – PT Thermax Indonesia International
- Mr Satish Mahtani & Mr Fakir Chand, Kadin Indonesia - moderators for Q & A session.
Day III - Theme – Strengthening the Opportunities & Prospects in frontier & emerging manufacturing economies of CLMV(Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar & Vietnam), Thailand, Philippines & Brunei26-Aug-2021Session VII
CLMV: India's frontier market for forging engineering partnerships and trade
26-Aug-2021 10 : 00 - 11 : 30
- Address by H.E. Mr. Dinkar Asthana, Ambassador of India in Lao PDR.
- Address by H.E. Mr. Pranay Verma, Ambassador of India in Vietnam.
- Address by H.E. Ms. Devyani Uttam Khobragade, Ambassador of India in Cambodia.
- Address by Ms. Truong Bich Ngoc, Deputy Director General, International Cooperation Department, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI).
- Hon. Mr Thanonsinh Kanlagna, Member, National Assembly of Lao PDR and Executive Vice President of LNCCI (Laos National Chamber of Commerce & Industry).
- Success story - Mr. Rajiv Nischal, CGM, Managing Director, ONGC Videsh – Country Manager, Myanmar.
- Success story - Mr. Sameer Deshpande, Vice-President - International Business (ASEAN), Bajaj Auto Ltd.
Brunei: Country Session with Brunei on Engineering Partnerships
26-Aug-2021 12 : 00 - 13 : 00
- Address by H.E. Mr. Ajaneesh Kumar, High Commissioner of India to Brunei.
- Presentation by Ir. Haji Mohamad Zin bin Haji Salleh, President, Surveying, Engineering and Architects Association of Brunei (PUJA).
- Mr. Nazeer Ahmad Zackiriah, President of the India Chamber of Commerce, Brunei.
- Presentation by Mr. Shamir Salahudin, General Manager, Technical Services, M/s Serikandi Oil Field Services.
- Presentation - ESCA Marine and Engineering Sdn Bhd (ESCA).
- Introduction of ESCA - Mr. Renjit Gopalakrishnan (Commercial Director).
- Presentation about business & opportunities - Mr. Masrhiem Taufik (Managing Director).
- Presentation by Mr. Syafiq Raj, Executive Director/CEO, Flux Group
- Presentation by Mr. Loveline Gnanarathinam, Operations Manager, International Reliability Services Sdn Bhd.
- Presentation by Mr. Ankit Patel, Director/ Representative of the Atoll Oxygen Snd Bhd.
Strengthening India - Thailand Bilateral Engineering Ties
26-Aug-2021 13 : 30 - 15 : 30
- H.E. Mrs. Suchitra Durai, Ambassador of India to Thailand.
- H.E. Ms. Pattarat Hongtong, Ambassador of Thailand to India.
- EEPC India Presentation on Trade & Potential with Thailand.
- Mr. Vichaow Rakphongphairoj, Vice Chairman of the Federation of Thai Industries.
- Ms. Prim Jitcharoongphorn, Chairperson of Thailand India Business Council (TIBC) and Deputy Secretary General of Board of Trade of Thailand, Thai Chamber of Commerce.
- Success stories of major Indian companies operating in Thailand.
- Mr. Rajiv Mangal, President & CEO, Tata Steel (Thailand)
- Mr. Remko Vleesch Dubois, CEO, Kirloskar Brothers (Thailand) Limited
- Presentation by Mr. Nanthapol Sudbanthad, Director, Thailand Board of Investment, Mumbai.
- Success stories of major overseas companies operating in India. Address by Mr. Abhijit Datta, MD, Siam Cement Group (SCG)
Philippines: Enhancing India-Philippines Bilateral Engineering Trade
26-Aug-2021 15 : 30 - 17 : 00
- Address by H.E Mr. Shambhu S. Kumaran, Ambassador, Embassy of India, Manila, Philippines.
- Address by H.E. (Mr.) Ramon S. Bagatsing, Jr., Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Philippine Embassy in New Delhi.
- Mr. Edgardo Lacson, Acting President, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI).
- Mr. Norman K. Macapagal. President, EEI International Ltd., Construction Board.
- Success story:
- Address by Mr. Vaibhav Srivastava, Country Manager – TVS Philippines
- Address by Mr. Sampath Kumar, Divisional Head (ASEAN Business), Bajaj Auto Ltd.
- Address by Mr. Anupam Ahuja, Senior Vice President, Strategic Services of Atlantic Gulf and Pacific Co. (AG&P), 120-year-old Philippine-based company.
- Concluding remarks by Mr. Animesh Jain, Director, India Business Forum, Philippines.
- Vote of Thanks by Mr. Nishikant Singh, First Secretary (Economic & Commerce), Embassy of India, Philippines.
- Closing of the session by Mr. Ajay Kumar, Working Committee Member, EEPC India
Day IV – Theme – Innovation & Technologies – The new frontier in trade opportunities and future partnership prospects27-Aug-2021Session XI
India-ASEAN Technology Collaboration: Focus on Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing
27-Aug-2021 10 : 00 - 11 : 30
- Mr. Harish Mehra, Global Head , Industry 4.0 practice, Tata Consultancy Service (TCS).
- Mr. Sameer Prakash, Head Digital Enterprise, Siemens Ltd.
- Mr. Asish Adhikari (General Manager & Industry 4.0 Solution Head), Wipro Ltd.
- Mr. Dato Ts. Madani Sahari, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysia Automotive Robotics and IoT Institute (MARii).
Strengthening the Role of MSMEs in the India-ASEAN Regional value Chain
27-Aug-2021 11 : 30 - 13 : 00
- Mr. Neeraj Bansal, COO - India Global & Head ASEAN Corridor, KPMG.
- Dr. Subash Sasidharan, Associate Professor of Economics, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Dr. Jayant Menon, Visiting Senior Fellow, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore.
- Dr. Faisal Ahmed, Associate Professor of International Business, FORE School of Management, New Delhi.
- MSME Success Story by Mr. Ravi Beri, Managing Director, Beri Udyog Pvt. Ltd.